Journal of Pure and Applied Microbiology (JPAM) is seeking eminent academic professionals who are willing to serve, if elected, on voluntary basis in the position of Advisory Board Member / Associate Editor/ Editorial Board Member
If you are researcher/academician in the same area as the journal, JPAM invites you to join its Editorial Board. Editorial Board Members will have a strategic role in assessing and guiding the current and future goals of the journal.
- The applicant must hold a Ph.D. degree or above in the same area as the journal.
- The applicant must hold a current research/teaching position that he/she has held for at least 3 years relevant to the journal.
- Applications must demonstrate prior experience as a peer reviewer and author in the same area as the journal.
- The applicant must be proficient in English language.
- The Applicant must be familiar with the Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE) ‘Code of Conduct and Best Practice Guidelines for Journal Editors’.
- Being on the editorial board or as a reviewer you are able to enjoy a waiver of one paper per year.
- As editorial board member your name would be added to the journal web site and will also appear in the hardcopy of the journal.
- Reviewers who consistently exhibit excellent reviews and respond promptly to the editorial requests are considered for invitation to the Editorial Board.
- The main duties will be to review manuscripts in a timely manner.
- Reviewers may be requested to review manuscripts up to four times a year.
- The responsibility of reviewers is to evaluate the quality, relevance and merit of submitted papers. Comments should be as complete and detailed as possible and contains clear opinions about strengths, weaknesses, relevance and importance to the field.
- Recommending suitable reviewers to the editor to ensure timely review process.
- To bring together a range of key individuals within the field who can advise on journal strategy.
- Encouraging article submissions to the journal from your network of colleagues and contacts.
- Advising the editor on matters of journal development.
The acceptance of following terms and conditions confirms your appointment as a member of editorial board or reviewer:
- The member term is for two years, with the possibility of reappointment to one additional term.
- Members are expected to stay active and willing to complete the tasks assigned to them in a timely manner.
- Members are expected to observe carefully publication ethics and malpractice policies of the journal which may change from time to time for the improvement in quality of the journal.
- Acceptance of your application is no guarantee that your peer review reports will be used by the journal’s editor.
- Agree to be released as a reviewer after two refusals to review, two failures to review, or three late reviews.
It is expected that you will complete the term as stated. This agreement may be terminated at any time based on following conditions:
- Lack of mutual understanding on common aspects as per the policies of journal.
- Repetitive unsatisfactory performance of the assigned work.
If you are interested to nurture with us, kindly send your letter of interest, current CV with institutional/organization email address, Scopus ID and ORCID ID at: [email protected],
We will go through your complete profile and if selected for any of the above said position we will let you know within one week.
For further information feel free to contact.
Dr. M.N. Khan
Journal of Pure and Applied Microbiology (JPAM)