Journal of Pure and Applied Microbiology (JPAM) is seeking eminent academic professionals who are willing to serve, if elected, on a voluntary basis in the position of Advisory Board Member / Associate Editor/ Assistant Editor/ Editorial Board Member
If you are a researcher/academician in the same area as the journal, JPAM invites you to join its Editorial Board. The Board Members will have a strategic role in assessing and guiding the current and future goals of the journal.
- The applicant must hold a PhD degree or above in the same area as the journal.
- The applicant must hold a current research/teaching position that they have held for at least 3 years relevant to the journal.
- Applications must demonstrate prior experience as a peer reviewer and author in the same area as the journal.
- The applicant must be proficient in the English language.
- The applicant must be familiar with the Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE) ‘Code of Conduct and Best Practice Guidelines for Journal Editors’.
- Providing scientific expertise for the journal.
- Suggesting new topics for special editions and authors for commissioned reviews and commentaries.
- Helping the journal to attract high-quality manuscripts by approaching potential contributors from your network of colleagues and contacts.
- Administering peer review and acting as a ready team of potential reviewers with an active interest in the journal’s success.
- Recommending suitable reviewers to the editor to ensure a timely review process.
- Promoting the journal at various conferences or talks and among your colleagues.
- Identify appropriate conferences for editors to attend.
- Providing feedback on past issues and suggesting improvements for the journal.
The acceptance of the following terms and conditions confirms your appointment as a member of the editorial board:
- The member term is for three years, with the possibility of reappointment to one additional term.
- Members are expected to stay active and willing to complete the tasks assigned to them in a timely manner.
- Members are expected to carefully observe the journal’s publication ethics and malpractice policies, which may change from time to time for the improvement in the quality of the journal.
It is expected that you will complete the term as stated. This agreement may be terminated at any time based on the following conditions:
- Lack of mutual understanding on common aspects as per the policies of the journal.
- Repetitive unsatisfactory performance of the assigned work.
If you are interested in being a part of our team, kindly send your letter of interest, current CV with institutional/organization email address, ORCID ID, Scopus/Researcher ID at: [email protected], We will go through your complete profile, and if selected for any of the above-said positions, we will let you know within one week.
For further information feel free to contact.
Dr. M.N. Khan
Journal of Pure and Applied Microbiology (JPAM)