Copyright on any open access article published in JPAM is retained by the author(s). Authors grant JPAM a license to publish the article and identify itself as the original publisher. Authors also grant any third party the right to use the article freely as long as its integrity is maintained and its original authors, citation details and publisher are identified.
Journal of Pure and Applied Microbiology (JPAM) publishes open access articles under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License (CC BY). This license permits user to freely share (copy, distribute and transmit) and adapt the contribution including for commercial purposes, as long as the author is properly attributed.
JPAM allows its author(s) to retain publishing rights without restrictions.
Journal of Pure and Applied Microbiology will consider for review articles previously posted as preprints on any preprint server provided that:
- Author(s) should inform the journal at the time of submission if and where their article has been previously posted.
- The version posted has not been peer-reviewed, edited, or typeset.
- The articles have not previously been published in part or in whole within a scientific journal, book, or similar entity.
- Upon acceptance of their article for publication in Journal of Pure and Applied Microbiology the author(s) is still able to grant the journal License to publish the article, and agree to pay the article processing charge (APC).
- Author(s) are requested to update any pre-publication versions with a link to the final published article via its Digital Object Identifier (DOI).
Journal of Pure and Applied Microbiology actively supports the author(s) self-archiving process. Journal encourages author(s) to self-archive any version of their manuscript to personal or institutional websites, in repositories and similar, prior to and after the publication of their manuscripts, provided that the author(s) must acknowledge the published source with citation and link the final published article via its Digital Object Identifier (DOI).
More information on journal’s copyright and self-archiving policies is available on the SHERPA ROMEO website.