Submission Deadline: May 10, 2020
Issue Release Date: May 30, 2020
Special Issue Information
There is a dire need to raise awareness, both from the general public and scientific perspectives, to know more about the Coronaviruses and COVID-19. As evident from the statistics, so far, the appearance of Coronavirus outbreak has brought several complications and now emerged as a human-health related pandemic issue. The wide geographical spread and transmissibility of newly emerged novel-Coronavirus (2019-nCoV) and severity of coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) raised serious concerns about the future trajectory of the 2019-nCoV/COVID-19 outbreak. Though Coronaviruses are not new at all and Coronaviruses have been associated with human and animal diseases for the past many years. However, such zoonotic infections, as either pandemic, epidemic, and endemic, have a damaging effect and impose a significant threat to human life, public security, health, and national economic growth. From the future perspective, it is alarming and challenging to prepare for a complicated situation to keep human beings at the safe end.
This special issue will glance at recent trends and updates that aim to further insight to tackle Coronaviruses and COVID-19. Breakthrough research and concise and to the point review papers dealing with Coronaviruses and COVID-19 using different strategic measures are welcome in this special issue. The articles should be designed spanning across all important aspects encompassing the thematic aspects of this special issue.
Article Types: Original research and Reviews are welcome in this issue.
Spanning across all aspects encompassing the following key points are of supreme interests:
- Evolving status of the 2019‐nCoV and COVID-19
- Diagnosis and infection monitoring strategies
- COVID-19 vs SARS and MERS
- Immunoinformatics‐aided identification of 2019‐nCoV
- Transmission and replication dynamics of 2019‐nCoV
- Genomic organization of 2019‐nCoV
- Simulation of COVID-19, SARS and MERS outbreak events
- Big data-driven COVID-19 health risk identification
- Molecular and epidemiological aspects of COVID-19
- Current clinical trials and vaccine development strategies
- Impact of quarantine and resilience for COVID-19
- Pathogenesis and virus-host interactions
- Community-acquired human coronaviruses
- Risk assessment for enhanced surveillance
- Impact of weather conditions on COVID-19 outbreak
- Economic impact of COVID-19 outbreak
- How to manage the risk of future outbreaks (prevention, control, and treatment)?
We welcome the submission of high-quality articles for this Special Issue.
Before submission, authors should carefully read over the instruction for Authors
To submit your paper, please visit online submission page: https://microbiologyjournal.org/article-submission-form/ or email us
For any presubmission inquiries, please contact the editorial office
Note: Article Processing Charge (APC) will be waived for this special issue.
Thank you for your interest in and support of this Special Issue. We look forward to receiving your submission.
Dr. Alfonso J. Rodriguez-Morales
Public Health and Infection Research Group, Faculty of Health Sciences, Universidad Tecnologica de Pereira, Pereira, Colombia.
Dr. Ranjit Sah
Department of Microbiology, Tribhuvan University Teaching Hospital, Institute of Medicine, Kathmandu, Nepal
Dr. Kuldeep Dhama
Deputy Editor-in-Chief: Journal of Pure and Applied Microbiology
Division of Pathology, ICAR – Indian Veterinary Research Institute, Bareilly, India
Dr. Hafiz M. N. Iqbal
Associate Editor: Journal of Pure and Applied Microbiology
Tecnologico de Monterrey, School of Engineering and Sciences, Monterrey, N.L., Mexico
Dr. M. N. Khan
Journal of Pure and Applied Microbiology, Bhopal, India